After a long day of camping and exploring the great outdoors, there is nothing better than settling down on a quality mattress. A good camping mattress will be easy to transport without compromising on comfort and cushioning.
There are a lot of mattresses available on the market in 2019 for all types of outdoor scenarios. Continue reading to see our picks for the best camping mattresses.
1. ALPS Mountaineering Outback
The ALPS Mountaineering Outback mattress inflates itself, removing the need for cords and pumps. Plus, its vertically cored foam design means that you will have an easy time rolling it up and storing it for next time. A 30D elastic fabric creates a comfortable and super soft sleeping experience that every camper will appreciate.
- 4″ thick
- Available in Large and X-Large
- Qwikflate flat valve for fast one-way inflation and two-way deflation
- 150D fabric on bottom paired with 30D elastic top
2. Exped MegaMat Duo 10
The Exped Mega Mat Duo 10 is extra wide, making it an ideal choice for camping couples. The vertical sidewalls ensure that its 10cm thickness carries all the way to the edge and provides a completely level surface for sleeping. You will also get great support thanks to its stretch tricot top surface, as well as its high-quality foam insulation.
- ● Self-inflating with mini pump
- High-quality insulation makes it ideal for all seasons
- Carry Sack and repair kit included
- 5-year warranty
3. Therm-a-Rest MondoKing 3D
Since first inventing the self-inflating mattress in 1972, Therm-a-Rest has continued to be a leading innovator in portable comfort. This narrow mat is ideal for tents where you are trying to fit in two separate beds. Its vertical sidewalls mean you get 20% more surface area for sleeping. With no pump required, the Therm-a-Rest makes travel easy and fun.
- Available in both Large and XX-Large
- 4″ thick for optimal comfort
- Compressible urethane foam with dual valves expands and inflates when unpacked
- Includes stuff sack and carrying handle for convenient portability
4. Intex Classic Downy
This incredibly affordable, queen-sized camping mattress is both waterproof and easy to clean. It comes with two inflatable pillows and a hand pump. Its 2-in-1 valve means that inflation is both quick and easy. The wave beam construction allows for a level sleeping surface and a 600-lbs weight capacity. This is truly an ideal camping mattress for anyone on a tight budget.
- Queen size, 600-lbs capacity
- Folds compactly for easy storage
- Two inflatable pillows and hand pump included
5. Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe SI
This mattress is one of the fastest self-inflating beds around. Its top surface is made of 30d polyester knit fabric, making it incredibly soft and comfortable. The mat is also available in multiple sizes. You can buy one small enough just for yourself or get the large and share the bed with someone else.
- 4″ thickness
- Multi-function valve for fast inflation
- Anti-slip top surface
These beds are the best mattresses for camping on the market today. They are all easily portable and inflatable, making your experience outdoors more enjoyable and comfier. With this list, you are sure to find a bed that fits your body and wallet size.