Sciatica refers to lower back pain starting at the sciatic nerve. Like with other types of back pain, people with sciatica need a bed that offers sturdy support and plenty of cushioning. The ideal mattress for sciatica will conform to the user’s body. The conformity helps to align their spine and alleviate back pain.
Here, we’ve gathered a list of the best beds for people with sciatica to get a good night’s rest.
1. Linenspa 8″ Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
The Linenspa provides the reliable support of traditional springs with the pressure point relief of memory foam. It conforms to the sleeper’s body, minimizing the pressure points and alleviating pain. This bed also offers an incredibly comfortable sleep thanks to its 1.5″ layer of comfort foam.
- 8″ hybrid mattress allows for optimal comfort and support
- 10-year limited warranty
- Finished with a cozy knit cover
2. LUCID 10″ Gel Memory Foam Mattress
TheLUCID 10-inch is a medium-firm bed. It is ideal for people living with sciatica as it provides a pain-free and comfortable sleep. The mattress is made up of two layers, one high-density base and one level of gel-infused memory foam. These provide a super comfortable sleep while also regulating temperature.
- Dual-layer mattress for a medium-firm feel
- Moisture-controlling, temperature-regulating fabric cover
- CertiPUR-US certified memory foam
3. Sweetnight 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
The Sweetnight 12″ consists of three thick layers of foam for maximum comfort. The top layer is made of gel memory foam. This layer keeps you cool while also conforming to the curves of our body and promoting good posture. Also, the mattress is hypoallergenic, making it ideal for anyone with dust or pollen sensitivity.
- 3 layers all-foam system create a medium-firm feeling
- CertiPUR-US certified
- 10 years, no-risk warranty
4. TEMPUR-Flex Hybrid Supreme Medium Mattress
Tempur-Pedic has designed this hybrid product to respond to your body’s movement. It delivers a responsive feel and gives you adaptive support. People with sciatica tend to move around in their sleep. A bed like this is perfect for staying comfortable no matter your sleeping position. It also comes with an EasyRefresh cover. This is easy to both wash and replace, keeping your bed fresh and clean.
- Features SmartClimate cooling technology to draw moisture away from the body while keeping the mattress cool
- EasyRefresh top cover is easily removable and can be washed or replaced
- 10-year warranty
5. Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam 10-Inch Mattress
This bed by Classic Brands delivers state-of-the-art gel and memory foam technology. Gel particles infused within the memory foam layer ensure the mattress temperature is always regulated and cool. The different layers of this bed conform to your body’s contours while also supporting each part evenly and individually.
- Charcoal white-and-gray cover and memory foam work together to boost conforming properties
- Infusion of refreshing gel particles throughout
- Medium-firm feel for optimal support
People suffering from sciatica will experience significantly better sleep with any of these beds. Even with chronic pain, all these mattresses provide the support and stability needed to get a good night’s sleep.